BOARD BRIEF – December 20, 2016
District Administrators’ Reports
Michelle Garven, District Administrator reported on the following:
- Four potential Board candidates have picked up election papers for the spring election.
- Reminded Tom Steiner and Bill Barhyte to fill out the non-candidacy paperwork by December 23, 2016 if they are not running again in the spring election.
Board Member Comments
- Tom Steiner reminded the Board of the WASB Convention January 18-20. He also stated Bill Barhyte would be getting an award for 20 years of service.
- Tom Steiner said he was not running for the Board in the upcoming spring election and turned in his signed paperwork.
- Tom Steiner introduced Circuit Court Judge Jodi Meier who had stopped by to introduce herself to the Board.
- Eric Themanson thanked the music and band departments for the wonderful holiday programs.
- Dean Troyer mentioned the Booster Club had a wonderful turnout at the Culver’s fundraiser.
- Action Item
- The Negotiations Committee met on December 20, 2016. The board applied the 0.12% CPI-U increase per statute per employee on their 2015-2016 base salary per negotiations with SPEAK.
- New Monthly Cash Flow Report - Michelle Brown, Business Manager shared graphs with the Board that explained the new monthly report designed to help board members understand how cash flows in and out of the district.
- Action Item
- Policy 235 – Director of Special Education was approved
- Mary Fenske and Eric Themanson wished everyone a Merry Christmas.