District Administrators’ Reports
Michelle Garven, District Administrator reported on the following:
- Michelle Garven asked Ted Gavlin to discuss why we should lease rather than buy copy machines for the District. He stated we would have one less color machine
Board Member Comments
- Dean Troyer mentioned the Board had received many thank you’s from the teachers for the stipend they received for Christmas.
The Board members discussed who was going to the Convention and what days they would be attending.
- The Board went over the resolutions that are being voted on at the Convention.
- Committee Reports and Possible Actions
- Policy Committee Meeting January 16, 2018 - Dean Troyer mentioned that the Policy Committee discussed using NEOLA to help update Policies.
- Policy 342.1 Recording of IEP Meetings Shared Services Agreements - A motion was made by Lynn Jaeger, seconded by Michael Murdock to adopt new Policy 342.1 Recording of IEP Meetings. Upon voice vote, motion carried unanimously.
- Open Enrollment Slots - Ted Gavlin recommended not accepting any Open Enrollment students with IEP’s for the 2018-2019 school year due to the large quantity of students already enrolled having IEP’s. A motion was made by Michael Murdock, seconded by Lynn Jaeger to approve Open Enrollment as presented.
- Kids Club - Rob Thornton was present to inform the Board that he was interested in renting space again for the 2018-2019 school year. The Board will approve a contract with Kids Club at a later meeting.
- NEOLA - The Board discussed using NEOLA to review old and construct new Policies for the District. A motion was made by Michael Murdock, seconded by Eric Themanson to contract with NEOLA to review old and construct new Policies for the District. Upon voice vote, motion carried 4-1. Lynn Jaeger voted “Nay”.