District Administrators’ Reports
Michelle Garven, District Administrator reported on the following:
- Michelle reports having a wonderful field day with having some 8th graders helping out. Michelle mentioned the 4K graduation and how wonderful it was. The turnout was great as well. Michelle tanked everyone who came out and was involved in the coordination of those events.
Board Member Comments
- Dean Troyer stated that a policy meeting is needed before the next board meeting to address general concerns. This meeting is to be scheduled the Monday before the next board meeting at 6:00 PM.
- CRB INSURANCE
- Linda reports that there is not much to report from the insurance standpoint. The only thing that has changed is the worker's compensation. Workers comp is driving factor of cost right now. Linda mentions having a current claim that may affect next year, but she is watching it closely. Linda encouraged speaking to the staff about safety awareness.
- CESA 10 PROJECTS- JOHN BERGET
- John Berget complimented the board and the administration team in moving forward with the projects that took place over the last two years. John reports that a half of million dollars worth of projects were identified last summer, some being very critical. A couple items of concern were leaks and windows. This year, projects include classroom windows, bathroom renovations and lighting in the small gym. John encouraged getting a head start on looking at the projects for next year, to get an idea of what needs to be done, and the cost that will come along with it. This will also allow for a more competitive bidding process.