BOARD BRIEF – May 17, 2016
District Administrators' Report
Michelle Garven, District Administrator reported on the following:
- Resolution 160502 – a cooperative plan between the town of Salem and the Village of Silver Lake. Barry Forbes (WASB) was unaware of any issues that might impact the district at this time as a result of this plan
- First annual Volunteer Luncheon that will be held on Wednesday May 25th to honor all of our classroom volunteers.
Board Member Comments
- Dean Troyer mentioned that the 5K Walk was cold but very nice. He also commented that the band concert was nice and it was wonderful to see Band Directors from other schools and former students in attendance for Mrs. Linda Ledanski's final performance.
- Eric Themanson mentioned he had attended the WASB Spring Academy on May 11, 2016 in Whitewater. He also stated he enjoyed the Art display and the students singing at the Art Show tonight.
- Tom Steiner stated he would be attending the WASB 2016 Summer Leadership Institute on July 16, 2016.
- The Board was reorganized as follows:
1. Board Assignments
- Board President – Tom Steiner
- Vice-President – Lynn Jaeger
- Clerk – Dean Troyer
- Treasure – Eric Themanson
- Member – Bill Barhyte
2. Committee Assignments
- Athletics: Bill Barhyte, Dean Troyer
- Building & Grounds: Bill Barhyte, Dean Troyer
- Finance: Lynn Jaeger, Eric Themanson
- Negotiations: Bill Barhyte, Lynn Jaeger
- Personnel: Lynn Jaeger, Tom Steiner
- Policy: Tom Steiner, Eric Themanson
- Technology: Eric Themanson, Dean Troyer
- Academic Achievement: Lynn Jaeger, Tom Steiner
- Special Projects: Eric Themanson
- Professional Representative for WASB will be Tom Steiner and representative for CESA 2 will be Eric Themanson.
- A Joint Summer School Contract was approved with four area K-8 districts.
- The HRA Retirement Contribution of $500 was approved.
- Summer School Fees were approved.
- The termination of the Gibb cleaning contract was discussed.