Summary of Trevor-Wilmot Consolidated Board Meeting
April 21, 2015
The regular meeting of the Trevor-Wilmot Consolidated Board of Education was called to order by President Tom Steiner in the Trevor-Wilmot library at 7:05 P.M. Board members present were Bill Barhyte, Lynn Jaeger, Cole Marshall, Tom Steiner and Dean Troyer. Also in attendance were Dr. George Steffen, District Administrator, Michelle Brown, District Business Manager, Ted Gavlin, Principal, Tracy Donich, Curriculum Director, Rhonda Jahns, Recording Secretary, Pat Elrod, Maintenance Director, Mary Fenske, Mike Fenske,
Following the Pledge of Allegiance, the Board approved the Consent Agenda which included the agenda for this meeting, the minutes from the Board Meeting and Executive Session on March 17, 2015, the minutes from the Board Meeting and Executive Session on April 7, 2015, the Financial Report and the Summary of Receipts, Wire Transfers and Check Register.
The Board approved payment of April bills in the General Fund in the amount of $143,912.36, in the Special Education Fund in the amount of $47,763.19, in the Food Service Fund in the amount of $17,258.25, for a Grand Total of $208,933.80. Salaries and benefits for March totaled $420,200.25.
During the Administrator's Report, Dr. Steffen described the vandalism which had taken place at the Wilmot School. He indicated that closing on the sale of this property had been postponed.
Dr. Steffen reported that a discussion group was being formed for the parents of gifted students and the first meeting would be held on April 23rd at 6:00 P.M. He invited Board members to attend music concerts scheduled on April 28 (primary), April 29 (intermediate) and April 30 (bands and chorus), all at 6:30 P.M. in the new gym.
During Board Member Comments and Communications, Tom Steiner congratulated the Wilmot High School Academic Decathlon Team for their national championship.
During Committee Reports, Cole Marshall summarized the meeting of the Canvassing Committee on April 14th.
Newly elected Board members Dean Troyer and Lynn Jaeger took the Oath of Office.
The Board then took the following actions:
- Extended current Board officers' terms until the Reorganization Meeting
- Established the student lunch price at $2.70 for 2015-16, a $.05 increase. Breakfast will remain at $1.35
- Voted to keep school registration fees for 2015-16 at $15.00 per student with a family maximum of $30.00
- Voted to employ four summer maintenance workers for 29 hours per week each
- Designated Tom Steiner to serve on the Joint Review Board for consideration of Tax Incremental District No. 1
- Tabled the employment of a part-time special education aide until after Executive Session
- Accepted a letter of resignation as Board Recording Secretary from Rhonda Jahns
During Citizens' Comments, Mary Fenske invited Board members to attend the reception for the new District Administrator, Michelle Garven on Wednesday, April 22nd at 3:30 P.M.
The Board adjourned to Executive (closed) Session at 7:44 P.M. to consider personnel matters.
The Board returned to Open Session at 8:29 P.M.
The Board voted to employ James Hovey as part-time special education aide.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:31 P.M.