As elected representatives of the Trevor and Wilmot communities, Board members are committed to this Code of Conduct.
- To support educational programming that serves all District students
- To work continuously to improve their knowledge of educational matters and capacity as school board members
- To not share confidential information
- To show respect and civility for all points of view and encourage the free expression of opinion by fellow Board members and others who seek a hearing before the Board
- To treat all members of the community and educational staff with dignity and respect
- To abide by and support majority decisions of the Board, while retaining the right to seek changes in such decisions through ethical and constructive channels
- To work to be a proper model of the democratic process for students served by the District
- Board members may participate in political campaigns as long as it is clear that those activities do not represent the position(s) of the Board.
- To conduct its business in accordance with the laws and educational codes of the State of Wisconsin.
First Reading: February 16, 2010
Second Reading: March 2, 2010
Date Approved: March 2, 2010
For the Board: Tom Steiner, President; Lynn Jaeger, Vice President; Cole Marshall, Clerk; Bill Barhyte, Treasurer; Sue Giovanni, Member