Our goal is a drug-free student body. The following procedures will be used when a student violates the alcohol and other drug use policy:
1. The Principal/designee will remove students using, possessing or appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs from contact with other students.
2. A student possessing illegal drugs or alcohol or suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be reported to the police and will face immediate consideration for suspension.
3. Students in possession of drug paraphernalia shall have the paraphernalia confiscated and be subject to disciplinary measures, up to and including notification of authorities.
4. The parent/guardian will be notified and requested to attend a conference as soon as possible.
5. The school counselor will also be notified. A counseling plan will be designed that will address the student's alcohol or drug involvement with student and parent/guardian involvement and approval. Once the parent/guardian has met with the counselor, it will be the responsibility of the parents/guardians to ensure that the plan is followed including possible referral to a community alcohol or drug agency for assistance. Students do not place themselves in jeopardy of further punishment if they seek counseling or assistance with alcohol or other drugs. All counseling efforts are focused on education, awareness, and prevention of chemical abuse.
6. A student in violation of this policy may be referred to the Board for expulsion.