This Policy is a guide to the acceptable use of Trevor-Wilmot Consolidated (TWC) network facilities and services (Services). Any individual connected to the TWC network in order to use it directly, or to connect to any other network(s), must comply with this policy and the stated purposes and Acceptable Use policies of any other network(s) or host(s) used. The following guidelines will be applied to determine whether or not a particular use of the Services is appropriate:
- Users must respect the privacy of others. Users shall not intentionally seek information on, or represent themselves as, another user unless explicitly authorized to do so by that user. Nor shall Users obtain copies of, or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to others.
- Users must respect the legal protection applied to programs, data, photographs, music, written documents and other material as provided by copyright, trademark, patent, licensure and other proprietary rights mechanisms.
- Users must respect the integrity of other public or private computing and network systems. Users shall not intentionally develop or use programs that harass other users or infiltrate any other computer, computing system or network and/or damage or alter the software components or file systems of a computer, computing system or network.
- Users must respect others while using the Services. The Service may not be used to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available defamatory, harassing, abusive, or threatening material or language that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another.
- Use should be consistent with guiding ethical statements and accepted community standards. Use of the Services for malicious, fraudulent, or misrepresentative purposes is not acceptable.
- The Services may not be used in ways that violate applicable laws or regulations. Trevor-Wilmot Consolidated will notify and fully cooperate with law enforcement if it becomes aware of any use of the Service in connection with the violation of applicable laws or regulations.
- The Services may not be used to advertise, solicit, transmit, store, post, display, or otherwise make available obscene or indecent images or other materials.
- The Services may not be used in a manner that precludes or significantly hampers network access by others. Nor may the Services be used in a manner that significantly impairs access to other networks connected to the House network.
- Connections which create routing patterns that are inconsistent with the effective and shared use of the Services may not be established.
- Unsolicited advertising is not acceptable. Advertising is permitted on some Web pages, mailing lists, newsgroups and similar environments if advertising is explicitly allowed in that environment.
- Repeated, unsolicited and/or unwanted communication of an intrusive nature is strictly prohibited. Continuing to send e-mail messages or other communications to an individual or organization after being asked to stop is not acceptable.
- By logging on, you agree to hold the Trevor-Wilmot Consolidated Grade School District harmless for any damages that may result from access to the Internet or inappropriate usage. You also acknowledge
- that the Service may not be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that viruses or other harmful applications may be available through the Service;
- that Trevor-Wilmot Consolidated does not guarantee the security of the Service and that unauthorized third parties may access your computer or files or otherwise monitor your connection;
- that Trevor-Wilmot Consolidated and that its owners ability to provide the Service without charge is based on the limited warranty, disclaimer and limitation of liability specified in this Section and it would require a substantial charge if any of these provisions were unenforceable.
The intent of this policy is to identify certain types of uses that are not appropriate, but this policy does not necessarily enumerate all possible inappropriate uses. Using the guidelines given above, we may at any time make a determination that a particular use is not appropriate.
First Reading: February 5, 2013
Second Reading: February 19, 2013
Approved: February 19, 2013
For the Board of Education: Tom Steiner, President; Lynn Jaeger, Vice President; Cole Marshall, Clerk; Bill Barhyte, Treasurer; Dean Troyer, Member