If medical treatment is needed for a life-threatening condition, an adult will call 911 for help giving the following information:
1. Where you are: Specific location within the building
2. Tell 911 what happened
3. Tell 911 how many people need help and what care is being given.
4. Don’t hang up. Let 911 hang up first.
5. Contact the parent/guardian as soon as possible with the following information:
- Nature of illness or injury
- Inform them that the Rescue Squad has been called
- Inform them where the student has been taken.
6. If a student is being transported to a hospital, a school employee is to accompany the student if a parent/emergency contact is unavailable.
NEVER LEAVE THE STUDENT UNATTENDED!